Table of Contents
AW 32 Hydraulic Fluid Oil is a premium quality oil designed for use in all hydraulic systems where an anti-wear hydraulic oil is recommended. All grades are rust and oxidation inhibited and contain effective anti-wear additive and anti-foam additives to quickly release entrapped air.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Oxidation ControlOxidation and thermal stability reduces sludge and varnish, providing protection to critical components and extending oil and fuel life
- .The Great
- Equipment: Superior hydrolytic stability with rapid water separation provides protection against filter plugging and deposits
- Rust and Corrosion Protection: Reduced maintenance due to excellent rust and corrosion prevention capabilities in moisture conditions
- Control of Foam: A special antifoam agent promotes rapid foam breakdown and reduces airborne entertainment
- High Viscosity Index: The shear stability of AW Hydraulic Oil provides exceptional viscosity stability, resulting in consistent operation over wide ranges of applications. temperature ranges and drain intervals
- Ultra Clean- Additional filtration provides ultra-clean oils at selected vis Gravity grades for maximum system protection
- Reserve Quality- AW hydraulic oils have the ability to maintain their high level of performance in the most demanding conditions. operation and tougher extended drain.
EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE IN
Owners and operators of:
- Hydraulic systems
- Air compressors and vacuum pumps
- General purpose
- lubrication oil Bath air
- cleaners Manual greasers for machine parts, bearings, cams, gears, etc.
Can engine oils replace hydraulic oils?
This depends on the equipment and the manufacturer. There is a class of hydraulic fluids (DIN 51524) that contains dispersive and detergent additives much like motor oils. The use of these fluids is approved by many manufacturers and can offer several advantages in mobile equipment, such as the prevention of varnish and sludge.
However, these detergents and dispersants can cause the fluid to emulsify any water present, rather than shedding water as would be desired in a standard hydraulic system. Water is held in suspension, which can cause a reduction in both lubricity and filterability, creating the potential for corrosion and cavitation.
These problems can be avoided if the water content is kept below 0.1 percent. Hydraulic fluid with the ability to emulsify small amounts of water can be beneficial in mobile applications. In some cases, the original equipment manufacturer even recommends using multigrade motor oil instead of a single viscosity fluid.
Obviously, SAE and ISO use two different scales to measure viscosity. SAE 10W is equivalent to ISO 32, SAE 20 is equivalent to ISO 46 and 68, and SAE 30 is equivalent to ISO 100. As you can see, there is a small difference between ISO 68 and SAE 30. The viscosity of the fluid largely
determines measure the oil temperatures within which the hydraulic system can safely operate. Therefore, if you use oil that is too high in viscosity for the conditions the machine must operate in, the oil will not flow properly or lubricate properly during a cold start. Also, if you use an oil with a viscosity that is too low for the conditions, it will not maintain the required minimum viscosity, and therefore adequate lubrication, on the hottest days of the year.
Some equipment manufacturers recommend using multigrade motor oil in the hydraulic systems of their mobile equipment. Viscosity Index (VI) improvers extend the operating temperature range of fluids. Just keep in mind that over time these VI improvers will “shear”, causing a change in fluid viscosity at a given temperature. This will have an impact on system performance.
Chevron Clarity Hydraulic Oil AW 32
Chevron Clarity Hydraulic Oil AW 32 is designed to provide excellent protection in mobile and stationary hydraulic vane, piston and gear pumps and in heavy duty industrial applications as well as in environmentally sensitive areas.
Detailed Product Description
Clarity Hydraulic Oils AW 32 oils are formulated with premium base oil technology and an ashless (“zinc free”) additive system that provides exceptional oxidation stability, water separability, foam suppression and protection against wear, rust and corrosion.
They are designed to meet or exceed the performance requirements of conventional anti-wear hydraulic oils, especially in demanding high performance applications such as axial piston pumps. The anti-wear performance of these oils makes them especially suitable for heavy-duty industrial applications using axial piston pumps where pressures can exceed 5,000 psi.
Clarity® Hydraulic Oils AW are designed for use in mobile and stationary vane, piston and gear hydraulic pumps.
Clarity Hydraulic Oils AW have demonstrated excellent performance in applications involving servo valves using multi-metallic components.
Clarity Hydraulic Oils AW are designed for use in mobile and stationary vane, piston and gear hydraulic pumps.
Clarity Hydraulic Oils AW have demonstrated excellent performance in applications involving servo valves utilizing multi-metallic components.
Clarity Hydraulic Oils AW meet the requirements of:
- ASTM D6158 HM (ISO 32, 46, 68), HV (ISO 100)
- Denison HF-0, HF-2 test requirements of T5D (ISO 32, 46, 68)
- DIN 51524-2 (ISO 32, 46, 68)
- DIN 51524-3 (ISO 100)
- Eaton-Vickers for use in M-2950-S (mobile) and I-286-S (stationary) hydraulic systems. Passes Eaton-Vickers 35VQ25 pump test. (ISO 32, 46, 68)
- ISO 11158 L-HV (ISO 100)
- Fives Cincinnati (formerly MAG Cincinnati, Cin Machine, Cin Milacron) P-68 (ISO 32), P-70 (ISO 46), P-69 ( ISO 68)
O’Reilly AW-32; hydraulic fluid; 5 gallon
AW-32; hydraulic fluid; 5 gallons; O’Reilly’s AW Hydraulic Oils are economical hydraulic oils developed as a general purpose rust, corrosion, corrosion and wear inhibitor oil suitable for use where normal to moderate service requirements and service protection long-term heavy is not critical. This oil is formulated with high quality refined base oils and select additives to provide anti-wear protection and anti-foam properties. O’Reilly AW Hydraulic Oils are not formulated to contain used or line flush oil when manufactured.
- Good anti-foam protection
- Inexpensive in older systems that use oil frequently
- Great protection against rust and corrosion
O’Reilly Hydraulic Fluid was developed as a general purpose hydraulic oil that helps hydraulic systems resist rust, corrosion and corrosion. oxidation. O’Reilly’s hydraulic fluid offers antifoam protection and is an economical solution for older systems that frequently burn out or leak oil.
O’Reilly’s line of fluids consists of more than 50 products designed to maintain optimal vehicle performance. Mechanics and DIY professionals alike depend on O’Reilly brand fluids and chemicals to provide long-lasting reliability and protection for vehicles, engines and equipment.
What is the best hydraulic oil for my elevator?
When considering hydraulic oil, a question we often get is “which is better, AW32 or AW46?” The short answer is that it is neither better nor worse. Ultimately, there are several factors that need to be taken into account to determine the best option for your elevator and workshop.
Oil is classified and identified by its viscosity, which determines its ability to flow at different temperatures. AW stands for Anti-Wear.
The lower the number, the thinner the oil and the easier it will flow. AW-32 is neither “better nor worse” than AW-46. Numbers refer to viscosity only, not quality. The quality of the oil is determined by the manufacturer.
For Atlas above ground lifts, AW-32 (lower number than AW-46) will flow “better” in colder climates than AW-46. Customers in colder climates (with unheated garages or utility areas) may want to use AW-32. Above ground lifts located in heated garages (or warmer climates) may use AW-32 or AW-46. We do not recommend the use of transmission fluid because its thinner viscosity (5W) can allow oil to “weep” (around hydraulic cylinder seals) and transmission fluid can also reduce “life expectancy” of the pump seals.